Monday, November 17, 2008

A Wonder Indeed

Niagara Falls. Power, majesty, glory, beauty...an amazing and breathtaking example of the existence of a Creator. THE Creator. As a resident of the Niagara Region, I will admit that I had become somewhat callous to Niagara Falls. Sure, we do the Festival of Lights drive each winter, but it had been quite a few years since I had parked the car, and actually taken some time to reflect on the inspirational sights and sounds of Niagara. Late in October, Pam and I took the family for a day in Niagara Falls, and we did the works... Behind the Falls, Maid of the Mist, the Butterfly Exhibit, the Whitewater Walk, and the bus tour of the Niagara Parkway. It was a day we will all remember and cherish. It also was a great boost in spirit, as we felt the presence of our Lord throughout the day. Standing alongside the rushing rapids, hearing the power that it holds, viewing the spectacular colours of Autumn... there can be no denying His existence, and in the words of a beautiful song by Mercy Me, "I can only imagine" what awaits us in the new heaven and new earth. Truly, "This is my Father's World, and to my listening ears all nature sings."

No comments: